Dr. Juan Fernando Luque
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL
Dr. Luque is on staff at California Pacific Medical Center. As a staff hospital surgeon, he performs emergency operations for people who have experienced facial trauma such as from car accidents, pathogens or violence.
Sharing his professional time between the practice and hospital work, Dr. Luque finds that the balance of the two settings keeps him on the leading edge of developments in maxillofacial surgery, treatments and technologies.
“EXCELLENT OUTCOMES FOR OUR PATIENTS ARE ACHIEVED
THROUGH HIGHLY TRAINED STAFF WHO SUPPORT OUR
PATIENTS, AND STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY”.
Dr. Luque has a passion for using his advanced medical training to serve people around the world. To date, he has made close to 20 pro bono trips to Brazil, Colombia, Philippines and elsewhere to treat over 2,500 children and adults in need of medical care.
The work he performs each year includes surgeries for uncommon, difficult cases of cleft palate and cleft lip, tumors, and facial trauma reconstruction.
In conjunction with medical providers in each of the countries he visits, Dr. Luque also conducts medical evaluations and treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Member, California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Staff Surgeon, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA.
- Head Surgeon, Faces of the Mission Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – certification for intervention in cardiovascular and other life threatening emergencies.
- American Pediatric Life Support (APLS) – certification for pediatric emergency medicine.
- Certified General Anesthesia Examiner for the Dental Board of California.
- King Drew Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL.
- Oral Surgeon, Riano Luque Dental Corporation, San Francisco.
- Medical Director, Central American Resource Center, San Francisco.
- Assistant Professor of Oral Surgery, University of California, San Francisco.
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Anatomy Science, University of Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), 1989, and Doctor of Medicine (MD), 1995, joint degree program, Javeriana University, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Medical residency at Northwestern Medical Center and King Drew Medical Center.
- 273 pro bono surgeries on individual children and adults in need worldwide.
- 2553 people served through pro bono efforts worldwide.
- On average, Dr. Luque performs fifty pediatric surgeries per pro bono trip.