Dr. Zaid Faraji
Dr. Zaid Faraji
Dr. Zaid Faraji joined the Faces of the Mission practice as an oral and maxillaofacial surgeon in July 2017. He earned his doctor of dental surgery degree (DDS) from the University of California in San Francisco (UCSF), and completed an internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Louisiana State University (LSU) in New Orleans. Then he finished his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Allegheny Health Network in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is also certified in ACLS, ATLS, PALS and BLS.
Dr. Faraji is trained in full-scope oral and maxillofacial procedures, and has clinical interests and expertise in dental implant, bone grafting, virtual surgical planning, obstructive sleep apnea surgery, facial trauma, wisdom teeth extraction, anesthesia, craniofacial pathology, and tempromandibular joint (TMJ) surgery.
Dr. Faraji’s interests in oral surgery began while serving with the Red Cross in Iraq during college. He enjoys both clinical and research experience in surgery, and is involved in several research studies that have led to presentations about obstructive sleep apnea at the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial (AAOMS) annual conference in Las Vegas in 2016. He is also an active member of AAOMS, ADA, CDA. Currently, Dr. Faraji also works as a staff surgeon at a local hospital where he takes call and performs surgery for trauma, pathology, and comprehensive cases in oral and maxillofacial surgeries. He also volunteers regularly for mission trips to third world countries, and has performed surgeries in Haiti and the Middle East.
- Dental License: State of California.
- Controlled Substances Registration.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Chief Resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service, Allegheny Health Network.
- Clinical Instructor, GPR Oral Surgery Clinic, Allegheny General Hospital.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery Internship, Louisiana State University LSU.
- Clinical Instructor, Undergraduate Oral Surgery Clinic, LSU College of Dentistry.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Training: Allegheny General Hospital.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Internship: Louisiana State University (LSU New Orleans).
- Dental School: University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry.